Welcome!

Thanks for calling by. I hope you enjoy what you see, feel free to leave a comment and call again to catch up on my news.

Sunday 5 June 2011

Dressers for the flower shop

I had a lovely day yesterday meeting with a friend at my favourite tea room here in town - a whole menu of teas served in mismatched old china and delicious home made, locally sourced food, mixed with a generous helping of good conversation - a perfect day!
On the minis front I've been making some furniture for my flower shop and now have two dressers to fill. I made a corner shelf too but that's not quite finished so no photos of that yet. Today I've made lots of plant pots too but they're still baking in the oven so, again, no photo yet.

They're just made from mount board and card but I'm quite pleased with the way they've turned out.

The weather here in Yorkshire continues to be warm and sunny - not too hot - but we've also had a few showers during the past couple of weeks so the garden is looking great. My little plot is very small but I've turned the back patio over to growing vegetables this year and it's crammed full of pots filled with potatoes, onions, garlic, chard, kale, broad beans, beetroot, carrots, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbages, tomatoes, spinach, courgettes, salad leaves, raspberries, wild strawberries and blueberries.


 OK, there's not a lot of each, but I'm only feeding myself here and I'm already picking chard and salads.



 Aren't the stems on this chard beautiful? I love the colours almost as much as the taste!

And this is a picture of Willow having a post-dinner wash before settling down for his evening nap :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment