Now here's the progress - the manor house is built up to the top floor.
I also painted the outside front walls - goodness this took hours to do!! so tricky around the windows. If I'd had my choice the walls would have been painted before the windows were put in place but they were already fixed when I bought the kit.
I also painted the chimney pots and the porch base and roof. The quoins on the side of the front wall are going to be painted white.
Each year, the miniature group I'm a member of has a winter competition, and this year the title is 'an annual event'. We were given a wooden board which measures 8" x 6" on which to make our scene. The board is actually the back of the picture frames which framed last year's competition box - hence the holes in the centre.
I don't normally 'do' Halloween but I just felt like doing a witchy scene for a change so I built two walls and covered them with a mix of filler, pva glue and grey paint, which I applied quite roughly.
The floor is cereal carton cut up into squares and rectangles measuring a mixture of 1" and 1/2" wide and then glued down.
I made a table, which I painted with red acrylic, varnished it with clear nail varnish and then used that black crackle nail varnish on top. I think it looks suitably spooky.
The dresser is made of mount board and is just very roughly painted with a dark olive green and then smeared and crackled with black over the top.