Welcome!

Thanks for calling by. I hope you enjoy what you see, feel free to leave a comment and call again to catch up on my news.

Tuesday 19 July 2011

There are flowers in the garden

... In the florist's garden that is, and then only a few, but it is a start. My daughter's been home for a few days so there has been very little progress on the flower shop this weekend as I wanted to spend all my time with her. We had a lovely time catching up on all the gossip that somehow got missed from the regular phone calls. Today, though, I'm home alone and working on that mini-garden.







I laid the lawns and finished off the flower beds with some 'soil' sprinkles and then started on the lavender borders to the paths. I had made 40 of those little lavender flowers and they soon got used up so I've had to make more - lots more.


Obviously there is lots more to be done here - leaves for a start - but I just had to get some flowers in and see how they'll look.


I bought another bird bath and now I can't decide which to use. The first one (the one that I painted with that stone coating a week or two back) is taller and narrower and this one is shorter and wider. I just can't make up my mind.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely flowers,Love the garden!!!Miniregards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you can go wrong with either birdbaths. They are so cute. You are making yourself so much work with all those flowers. But they are looking magnificent! It's going to look so gorgeous!!
    hugs,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers and the garden looks lovely with all those colorful flowers,I think the bird bath on the picture above looks very nice in the garden.

    Mini Hugs Mieke

    ReplyDelete