Welcome!

Thanks for calling by. I hope you enjoy what you see, feel free to leave a comment and call again to catch up on my news.

Saturday 1 June 2013

Today is a day for wild flowers

Today is not a day for working. Today is a day for sitting by the garden pond and watching the water surface disturbed by pond skaters, tadpoles and frogs.
 

 Today is not a day for seeing weeds and feeling the need to stir to pull them from the ground. Today is a day for seeing wild flowers.



Today is a day for seeing the beauty of secret places - even in a tiny space.



Today is a day for reflection on the joy of a sunny day and the colours in my garden.





Today I can dream that the sunshine will last all summer, that the vegetable plot will produce a rich harvest, that the slugs and snails will not destroy the new shoots. Today I can block out the sound of the traffic 15 yards up the road and imagine myself in my cottage garden in the countryside.

Yes dear blogland friends, the sun is shining here in Yorkshire and all is right with the world.

Today I have two completed pieces of lace to show you...
 
 The first is my hexagonal box ...

 ... finished at last.

You've seen most of the motifs before.

But here they are all stitched to the box that I made and topped with a lace covered bead.

The second is a lace covered mushroom. I love mushrooms and have quite a collection of hand turned wooden ones which I've picked up at a number of various shows. This one was intended to be a cane topper for the garden but I think this is a much better use for it.

I hope the sun's shining in your life today too.



1 comment:

  1. how I have enjoyed the stroll around your garden, my aliums are not out yet so it must be a little warmer down the road in Huddersfield. You box is a pure delight and the mushroom also.

    ReplyDelete