Welcome!

Thanks for calling by. I hope you enjoy what you see, feel free to leave a comment and call again to catch up on my news.

Saturday 12 January 2013

My 1/4 scale cottage stores

I couldn't wait any longer to make a start on those wonderful 1/4 scale kits from Petite Properties! This is the basic shell of the Cottage Stores.


Cute isn't it? It's taken me a while to decide what my little shop will be selling but I think that because it's a village shop it should stock a little of everything. I've made a little partition for the back left hand corner of the shop area and another for the top floor, each with a fake door, which is where the staircase would be.


I don't know why I imagined that this would be quick to build as, of course, there's just as much detail involved as there would be for a larger house, but much much smaller. 

This is a canvas work kit which I was given as a Christmas present. I couldn't wait to get started on that either. I'm undecided whether this will end up framed as a picture to hang on my wall, or as a book cover, or mounted onto a cushion cover, or on the lid of a box. Any ideas?

3 comments:

  1. It's going to be a lovely cottage store.
    Now that I too am working on a quarter scale cottage, I am looking everywhere for inspiration.
    Mine is made from scratch and I really hope it will be half as lovely as yours.
    Your embrodery is gorgeous.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cottage looks wonderful. I'm curious to see more.
    The embroidery is amazing.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  3. the canvas work is lovely, now as to what to do with it personally I think it would be lovely either on the wall or as a box lid.
    Look forward to seeing what you are going to sell in your store. I imagine in some ways it is harder to make than a larger one as small can be so fiddly.

    ReplyDelete