Welcome!

Thanks for calling by. I hope you enjoy what you see, feel free to leave a comment and call again to catch up on my news.

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Holiday snaps

I've been away for a few days and when I return I find that blogger has changed completely in my absence! I didn't realise that there was anything wrong with it before ... but what do I know? I guess that they have to keep busy - changing things for change's sake - whether they need it or not. Aah well - enough moaning already.

I stayed on Anglesey, a small island just off the north coast of Wales, with my sister-in-law and her husband and thought I'd share some of the photos I took with you all. The weather wasn't great so we didn't do an awful lot but it was good to get some sea air into my lungs.



This is a pair of statues which commemmorate a particularly daring rescue by the lifeboat crew just along the coast from where I stayed.


and this is the lifeboat station. You can see that the sun came out for a little while on this particular day so it was quite pleasant walking along the coastal path.


This is Beaumaris Castle ...

And Menai Bridge, which is how you access the island.

I couldn't resist taking a photo of this tiny wild flower which has colonised a gap in this old wall.

Then yesterday I went on a coach trip to Gawthorpe Hall in Lancashire with my Embroiderers Guild group to see their collection of Tudor embroidery. I'm not allowed to show you photographs of the embroideries themselves, in fact we weren't allowed to take photographs at all of many of them. But this is the Hall itself, largely built around 1600.






1 comment:

  1. You visited some really lovely and interesting places. Sounds like a great holiday. Hugs, Sandie.

    ReplyDelete