I have visitors at the moment - my brother has come to stay so fitting minis in is a little tricky but I have made some progress this week. The second floor of the manor is coming together quite nicely. I stained and laid the wood floors in the sitting room and dining room, built the stair case, wallpapered the three rooms, fitted the fireplaces and hung pictures on the hall wall. Actually that sounds like quite a lot! Here are some photos of what I did.
Here is the staircase ready to glue in place.
The fireplaces ready to go into the dining room and sitting room. They are cheap resin fireplaces which I painted and then embellished with gold. I painted a piece of card with black acrylic paint for the firebacks.
I hung portraits of the family on the stairs - there are more on the opposite wall too which I don't seem to have taken a photo of.
And this is the dining room. I need to use filler on the sides of the fireplace and the corners of the skirting board yet and the doors still need their handles but it is coming along.