Welcome!

Thanks for calling by. I hope you enjoy what you see, feel free to leave a comment and call again to catch up on my news.

Sunday 10 March 2013

Spring makeover and handbags galore

Time to give you an update on progress with the spring makeover in the tea rooms. Well to be honest there hasn't been much progress this week at all as I've spent most of the week making handbags. However ... this is where we're at at the moment.

This was the furniture following its paint job, all sanded to look a little worn and given its final coat of varnish.

The four chairs are heading for the tea room itself.

The rocking chair will look more inviting with cushions and a blanket draped over the back.


I'm particularly pleased with the side table - I even managed to get what looks like a water-mark from a vase of flowers onto the top.

Although now it's dressed it's not so easy to see the water mark.

The book case looks much better with the cupboard doors added to the base and new books filling the shelves.



So here's the room at the moment, with everything back in place - oh, apart from the rocking chair which I left out just so you could see the little shelf unit with its new ornaments in place.











All these handbags are now in my Etsy shop.








2 comments:

  1. I like the new items in the room.
    Your suitcases and bags are fantastic.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, you have been busy! The furniture looks great - a spring makeover! And the cases and handbags are really smart and attractive. Hugs, Sandie

    ReplyDelete