Welcome!

Thanks for calling by. I hope you enjoy what you see, feel free to leave a comment and call again to catch up on my news.

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Mini inspiration

I've been struggling to motivate myself to make more minis for a few weeks - ever since the retreat was moved out of my workroom and into its final resting place in my lounge. This weekend was our local Flower, Vegetable and Handicrafts show (I won two prizes but I'll tell you more about that another day) and our Dolls House and Miniatures Club always puts on a display. Those of you who've been following me for a while will perhaps remember this from last year. Anyway ... seeing all our wonderful models has refreshed my enthusiasm so this week I have something new to show you.

First of all, though, here are a few pictures from the show ...

 Each year we work on a group project, and this year it was this table-top sale. Each member of the group made a table from a kit given to us at the club and then we decorated it with whatever goods we chose. You can see my patchwork table right at the front there.

A few years ago each member made a shop, which we make up into a street scene for the show. Each shop is different - a pet shop, a dress shop, a toy shop, a charity shop, take-away, barber's shop, shoe shop, craft shop, hat shop, taxi firm, cafe, wool shop. Together they look really impressive don't they?

And last year we made an allotment. This is just a small selection, there are twelve in all. I love this man sitting with his flask of tea and his gardening magazine - and the fox in the plot next door eyeing up the chickens.

So - freshly inspired, I decided to make myself a doorway.

 It's just made from pieces of foam core and balsa wood. I glued some bricks in place on the outside and coated the whole wall in lightweight filler. I've made a two part door so that the top half can be open and an open window to fit into the window frame and I'll probably put either a kitchen sink or a table and chair beneath the window on the inside - undecided yet. I'll make that decision when the filler is dry.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! A wonderful show. The stalls are awsome and very inspiring.
    Your doorway is fantastic. It will be interesting to see the display completed.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow fantastic show I would love to see this wonderful display. You are all very talented. Your doorway looks great I cant wait to see more.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete