Welcome!

Thanks for calling by. I hope you enjoy what you see, feel free to leave a comment and call again to catch up on my news.

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Oops!

I realised as soon as I'd pressed 'publish post' yesterday afternoon that most of you wouldn't have a clue who Stef Francis is or where to find her beautiful embroidery threads. You can find them here: http://www.stef-francis.co.uk/. I usually use her 'fine silks' but the ones I bought last week are 'extra fine silk' and 'superfine silk'. You'll find them all under 'hand dyed yarns' on her website. Beware!! they can become addictive.

Now ... onto the manor house ... some of the rooms are about as finished as I can get them for the time being. More ornaments are needed in the study and sitting room. That luxurious sheepskin rug in the study was a tag attached to a new pair of slippers which my son bought at Christmas.

The shelves are also still a little bare in the butler's parlour and in the kitchen.

Some of these things I'll make though I really want to concentrate on getting the bedroom furniture finished next so other bits may not improve much until I either go along to another minis fair or give in and place an order online.

6 comments:

  1. Like that you show your dollhouse rooms, the butler's parlour is fantastic.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judith, thank you for the link to the website - Nirvana! Have to try it! Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see your dollshouse rooms, they're very nice. I've build a Dutch canalhouse (it really excists, it stands in Amsterdam) by my own. I found the plans in another book and build it about 12 years ago. At that time real life kept me more than busy and now I'm back in miniland. I've been asked to put some photos on my blog, but the house has to be reconstruct.
    You've asked me if I made the Fimo birds by myself, yep, I did. It costs me hours and the birds were flying along my workspace ;)) but I've done it.
    Hugs,Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judith thank you for this beautiful link, they have such fantastic things.
    Your dollhouse is looking very cozy already :)

    Hugs Mieke xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judith, hello. I love the butler's parlour and kitchen!!!


    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You well and truly have the 'bones' of these rooms done, it is good to see such progress - it will be tedious filling those shelves but worth it. Sandie

    ReplyDelete