Welcome!

Thanks for calling by. I hope you enjoy what you see, feel free to leave a comment and call again to catch up on my news.

Sunday 8 March 2015

February's finished

Time for a round-up of the stitching I've been doing during the past few weeks. Most of the things I've done have been for my recently started City and Guilds embroidery course so there have been lots of stitch and thread samples and experiments which I won't bore you with here. There are a couple of more resolved pieces though ...

For some reason Blogger has decided to put this and the next photograph up sideways and I can't seem to change it. In each case the top of the image is actually the left hand edge of the piece. The project is all about a stone wall so these are sections of the wall, worked first in canvas work 

 and then in needle-lace. I actually worked two layers of lace in some parts of this piece to give a better indication of texture and the mix of colours.

I also finished another crazy patchwork piece which will probably end up as a book cover at some point.

and finally this piece of hardanger and couching. Aren't the colours joyous?!!

After what has felt like quite a long cold winter here in Yorkshire the garden is springing into bloom and it feels so good to get out there when the sun is shining and enjoy the sights and sounds of the earth coming back to life.



No comments:

Post a Comment